Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentines of 1894


In honor of Valentine's Day, I looked through my database for people whose birthdates were February 14.  I found two young ladies who were not only born on February 14, they were born on exactly the same day in 1894. And check out their names!


  • Mildred Valentine GODFREY
  • Julia Valentine ROBINSON

They come from different branches of my tree, but I love that they are both "valentines."

Mildred Valentine Godfrey is a daughter of Clarence Sanford Godfrey, born 1860, and Jenette Grosvenor Robson, born 1858, both in Wyoming County, New York. They are related to me by marriage into my Spencer line. Spencer, Godfrey, and Robson are all old families of Wyoming County.

Julia Valentine Robinson is a daughter of Oscar David Robinson, originally of New York, and Katharine W. Richards, born 1862, of Saugatuck, Allegan, Michigan. This is a marriage into my Blanchet family, first of Baie-du-Febvre, Quebec, with lines that tracked into Michigan and Wisconsin.

Happy Valentine's Day, ladies!


© 2013 Sally Knudsen